- MOU with DuPont Teijin Films and Mitsubishi Electric Europe to scale production of new current collectors using PLASMAfusion® technology.
- Acquired the assets and extensive IP portfolio of Optodot Corporation, expanding into next-generation battery materials to enable safer transportation.
- First granted U.S. patent for non-invasive glucose monitoring system.
- Acquired Plasma App Ltd., the developer of PLASMAfusion®, a first of its kind, proprietary manufacturing platform technology, which enables high speed coating of any solid material on any type of substrate.
- Acquired Nanotech Security Corp., a leading developer of secure and visually memorable nano-optic security features for the government and banknote and brand protection markets.
- Closed transaction with Torchlight Energy Resources, became first metamaterial company listed on NASDAQ, changed name to Meta Materials Inc.
- Signed ten-year lease for expanded 68,000 square foot headquarters facility to include new customer center
- Collaboration with Sekisui chemical to improve performance and coverage of 5G/6G communication networks
- Acquired assets and IP from Swiss lens manufacturer Interglass to develop ARfusion™ augmented reality eyewear with support for integrated prescription lenses
- Completed RTO, changed name from Metamaterial Technologies Inc. (MTI) to Metamaterial Inc. (META), and began trading on the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE)
- META secured an additional 5 Million from BDC Capital
- 15 new patents
- Signed a definitive agreement for a business combination with Torchlight Energy Resources
- $1.62 Million Collaboration agreement with MTI, Mitacs and Dalhousie University. Largest Mitacs supported project in Atlantic Canada
- Named by Cleantech Group in the prestigious 2019 Global Cleantech 100.
- Launched award winning product METAAIR®
- Letter of intent to complete a reverse take-over of Continental Precious Minerals Inc., a publicly traded company
- Laureate Award winner for new best commercial product in aviation
- Applauded by Airbus for winning best new commercial product at Aviation Week Laureate Awards
- Strategic acquisition of MediWise to advance medical metamaterial applications
- 3-year Artemis Optical Partnership Agreement to develop a hybrid coating for the defense industry
- Distribution Agreement with Satair for laser protection eyewear
- Canadian Defense Review named MTI one of the Top 75 Defence Companies in Canada
- Best Presenting Company award at the Banff Venture Forum for Sustainable Technology
- Series A Funding for $8.3 Million
- Co-development Agreement with Airbus, Lockheed Martin Canada and SDTC
- Innovative Business of the Year Award Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Red Herring North America Top 100 company
2015 – 2016
- Closed Seed Funding
- Acquired Rolith to scale up MTI’s manufacturing capabilities