META is a smart materials and photonics company that is changing the way we use, interact and benefit from light. The company is headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and has offices in London, UK and Pleasanton, California.
- $1.62 Million Collaboration agreement with MTI, Mitacs and Dalhousie University was announced to explore a new area of light manipulation. The largest Mitacs supported project in Atlantic Canada.
- MTI was named by Cleantech Group as one of the top 100 companies in the prestigious 2019 Global Cleantech. 13,900 companies from 93 countries were nominated.
- MTI and Continental Precious Minerals Inc.sign letter of intent to enter into an amalgamation agreement to complete a reverse take-over transaction.
- Airbus applauds MTI for winning best new commercial product at Aviation Week Laureate awards.
- MTI partnered with Artemis Optical to develop Hybrid Filter technology.
- Satair and Metamaterial Technologies Inc.Sign Distribution Agreement to Bring Innovative Laser Strike Protection to Global Aviation and Defence Markets
- MTI acquired Mediwise, medical research and development company that is pioneering cutting edge wireless devices in medical diagnostics and monitoring
- In 2017,MTI announced a partnership with Lockheed Martin, (Lockheed Martin’s first solar investment in Canada), to develop a product called metaSOLAR™, that is suitable for flight.
- MTI closed Series A funding, lead by Radar Capital
- MTI was awarded Innovative Business of the Year at the Halifax Chamber of Commerce Business Awards.
- MTI was recognized as a top 100 business in North America by Red Herring
- Metamaterial Technologies Inc. Partnered with Airbus to Co-develop and Commercialize metaAIR™
- Satair Group and Metamaterial Technologies Inc. Sign Memorandum of Understanding to Bring metaAIR to the Civil Aviation Market
- Development agreement was announced with Sustainability Development Technology Canada (STDC) for the development of next generation solar technology for hybrid vehicles.
- Aviation Week & Space and Technology announced that Metamaterial Technologies had been selected as a winner of the 61st Annual Laureate Awards, honoring extraordinary achievements in the global aerospace arena, for best new commercial product for metaAIR.
2015 – 2016
- In the spring of 2016, MTI aquired Rolith Inc.’s business, a Silicon Valley based nanofabrication company. It included its IP, proprietary manufacturing technology, Rolling Mask Lithography (RML®) and its NanoWeb® products
- The company was established in London, England, in 2010 and moved its head office to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, in 2011.
- Metamaterial Technologies Inc.(MTI) signed a partnership agreement with Airbus to test and tailor its award winning technology, metaAIR™, as a solution to protect a pilot’s vision by blocking and deflecting intense laser strikes.
- The company received Frost & Sullivan’s 2014 Global Aerospace Product Leadership Award for metaAIR
2015 – 2016
- In the spring of 2016, MTI aquired Rolith Inc.’s business, a Silicon Valley based nanofabrication company. It included its IP, proprietary manufacturing technology, Rolling Mask Lithography (RML®) and its NanoWeb® products.