- Corporate Governance
- Filings and Financials
- Investor Materials
- Quarterly Releases
- Share Price Information
Metamaterial Inc. (CSE: MMAT)
Almost every great advancement in technology can be attributed to a breakthrough in materials science. The Industrial Revolution was driven in large part by advancements in the metallurgy of iron and steel, enabling the harnessing of steam power and the construction of sophisticated machinery. The discovery of semiconducting materials and the means of chemically modifying their properties led to the invention of the transistor, and the enablement of the Digital Age in which we live.
We are now in the midst of another revolution in materials science involving the invisible world of nanotechnologies, nanostructures, and metamaterials, materials that can manipulate and utilize light and other forms of energy in new ways, many of them previously thought impossible.
Metamaterial Inc. (“META”) specializes in the design and nanofabrication of highly functional materials designed to improve the ways we interact with and benefit from light and other forms of energy. Using advanced proprietary and environmentally sustainable technologies, META harnesses the power of light by reflecting, absorbing, or enhancing it in exciting, often revolutionary, new ways. The scientists and engineers at META consider themselves to be at the forefront of this current revolution in materials science.
The META Mission: To Make Products Smarter and More Sustainable by Mastering Light with Advanced Materials
The META Vision: To Democratize Nanomaterials and Help Improve Human Life
META designs and manufactures functional films that are engineered at nanoscopic levels to control light and other electromagnetic waves. META’s products are called metamaterials because they have advanced properties not inherent in the material’s original form.
META has been granted 54 patents in 28 patent families, and currently has 35 patent applications pending internationally.
META’s products can be used in a growing number of applications:
- To block harmful light such as green laser or ultraviolet radiation
- To gather and redirect light to improve solar panel performance
- To improve performance of optical displays
- To replace transparent conductive materials on touch screens, LCD or OLED displays
- Defogging or de-icing
- The acquisition or enhancement of signals for non-invasive medical imaging such as MRI, or for sensing applications such as glucose monitoring.
META has invented three core technologies:
- META’s holographic technology enables the company to modify the properties of proprietary polymer films at the molecular level to achieve desired effects. For illustration, imagine an immense lighthouse multi-element, glass lens system (Fresnel lens), completely implemented at nano scale in a thin film.
- META’s lithographic technology enables the printing of conductive patterns, fine enough to be invisible on a transparent film.
- META’s wireless sensing technology enables the sensing and control of electromagnetic waves through metallodielectric structures printed on flexible substrates
In all cases, META’s breakthrough printing technologies allow, for the first time, production of metamaterials on a large scale at low cost.
- META’s proprietary roll-to-roll manufacturing processes allow large scale, low cost production. Until the development of META’s advanced metamaterial printing technologies, metamaterial production has been analogous to the Gutenberg press, the printing one sheet at a time.
- META has worked for several years with the major manufacturers of proprietary polymer films and has a unique understanding of the capabilities and limitations of these materials.
- META has developed algorithms and libraries which allow us to design new applications quickly and effectively.
- META is well recognized in the industry, having established relationships with many current and potential partners to address the very large markets for each of its products.
- In partnership with Airbus, META has developed a commercial product, metaAIR, already in the commercial marketplace.
Markets that META is Enabling and Growth Trends (updated March 1, 2021)
- NEW: ‘Metamaterial devices market ‘to exceed $10BN by 2030‘ Source: Lux Research
- $4.1B by 2023 Metamaterials Market (Emerging market 43% CAGR) Source: Projected Markets for Metamaterials to 2023
- $200B by 2030 Advanced/Smart Materials (20.6% CAGR) Source: Smart Materials: Opportunities in Structural Electronics and Electrics to 2030
- $333B by 2026 Solar (PV) (25.1% CAGR) Source: Article on GlobeNewswire About Global Photovoltaic Markets
- $567B by 2025 Automotive EV (22% GAGR) Source: Worldwide Revenue from Electric Vehicles Since 2010
- NEW: By 2020, IoT hardware device spending will reach almost $3 trillion‘ Source: Gartner 2017 (see Table 2)
- [broken link – no longer available] $3T by 2020 Electronics, Displays and IoT devices (23% CAGR) Source: Internet of Things – Forecasts and Market Estimates
For more information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org